Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chilly Weather

It's already November! Holy cow! I've been here almost 2 and a half months now, and I'm still loving it. It's been getting cooler here in the city, and I'm loving it because now I can wear all my cute sweaters and coats and boots and scarves! I just finished working on a show, and so now I get to focus on work and school and having fun. haha.

Today I went shopping in SoHo with my roommate and her boyfriend. It was great to get out, even though that area was heavily crowded (I try to stay away from the heavy areas, and use other streets to get from place to place.) Tonight we're going to a concert in Brooklyn. We're seeing April Smith. She's aaaaahhhhhmazing. Seriously. Check her out. My favorite song of her's is Stop Wondering. I think I like her so much because her lyrics are very similar to my style-kind of snarky, very sassy and lots of fun. Think along the lines of Katy Perry, Lilly Allen, and Kate Nash. All of whom I love.

Speaking of music...I'm taking on a music major since I'm nearly done with my requirements for my theatre degree. It'll be nice to focus heavily on music for once, but also do theatre.
School has been very bueno. Easy peasy. I'm ready for next semester. 19 credits of music and theatre! Yeah-yeah-yeah. I'm in one of those sing-songy moods, hence the weirdness of this paragraph.

So MissT was here a few weeks ago. We went and saw A Little Night Music and Fela! while she was here. Bernadette Peters was fantabulous! We stage doored afterwards for her. It was completely worth it. Life goal: complete. Fela! Was crazy, and very interesting. We also wandered through Central Park to get to The Museum of Natural History. Let's just say thank God for GPS on MissT's phone. We then went to Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center. The library there=my heaven. Hair reunion was fun. 'Twas Me, MissT, Byron, Matt, Ann, Adrienne and Rob. No Fabio, no Eric...sad story. :( But it was so good to see everyone who was there.

In 10 days my mama will be here. Let's just say I'm very very excited!!!!! I miss my family so much, especially mi madre. I also miss my baby puppies, but alas, I have to wait until December 21st. :( Every dog I see makes me miss them more, and I have to remind myself not to touch strangers' dogs. They probably wouldn't be as accepting of this practice as they are in Montana.

So...that's all that seems new I think...I'll try and remember to let you know how the concert goes. :)

Peace,
Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment