Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why, hello

Hey.
Name's Bree in case you couldn't tell.
So I started to blog as a way to just talk I suppose. Maybe seem important, whatever.
I also thought it'd just be kind of fun.
My plan is to take you on my journey. Or journeys, rather.
See, I'm currently on the HCG diet. I eat 500 calories a day of certain foods and give myself a shot of HCG/B12 every morning. So far. In just over a week and a half, I've lost 18 pounds.
The reason why I'm doing this diet is because I have struggled with weight my entire life, and I'm tired of it. I hate when people say they were "overweight" and they were like, a size, 9 or something. Even size 12 or anything like that. I'd die to be a size 12. See I'm 5'9" and, at my heaviest, which was before I started this diet, I was 288 lbs. Ugh.
I have insulin resistance syndrome which plays a part in it, but I also blame my mother because I lost over 30 lbs when I went to school at Carroll last year, but gained it all back, plus some when I came back home this year. Then, of course, I blame myself because I hate vegetables and I sometimes eat when I'm bored. And it's not always bad stuff that I eat. Hell, I could just drink milk. But I just do it and not think about it, thus eat (or drink) more than I should. Not saying I don't eat bad stuff-I love french fries and Mud Pie Blizzards, but I don't chow on those constantly.
On this diet I've had some cravings-mostly for pizza and spaghetti, also pb&j sandwiches and french dips, and let me tell you, it's tough. Not gonna lie, I broke down today because I was in such a bad mood that I went to Wendy's and got a cheeseburger and fries. What I really wanted though was spaghetti and garlic bread. But I'm not a cook and it was after rehearsal tonight, so I wasn't going to ask my mom to make any. So I settled for fast food.

So beyond my dieting, because I don't want to bore you, you should know that I'm a theatre major. Here at home I help out at the high school with different shows they do and I also am involved at the college. I'm currently the stage manager for Evil Dead: the Musical. To be honest, before we started the show I thought it was the stupidest thing...I'm not really into zombies and all that shit-but the music and sexual innuendos won me over. Plus the cast is great. They all love me because I'm amazing. Haha. Just kidding. I'm surprised that I don't hate stage managing. I actually kind of like it. When they first asked me to I said no, because 1) I promised myself that I'd never be a stage manager because it's one of the shittiest jobs in the theatre and 2) I was butt hurt from not being cast. I had felt really good about my audition, but the thing is...I'm not a dancer. Oh well, I'll start taking lessons once I have some free time. Anyway, my friend, who I'll name...hmmm...I have to start thinking of good names for people (and remembering them)...I'll call him Jose. Mmmk. I don't know why, it just came to mind. So Jose kind of seduced me into becoming stage manager. Well. Not exactly, but with his egotistical charm he talked me into it. See. I love Jose, but he can be such a douche. He knows this, so it's not a problem. And he is fully aware that I love him so he can't get pissy at me. But yeah, it's because of him I'm doing this, and thus making people love me more. :)

I know I keep saying that and it makes me sound like a total bitch, but you have to understand that I'm just playing around. If you knew me, you'd know that.

So I will try to wind this up quickly about my New York plans. I plan to transfer to a school in NYC next year for theatre, and I think I'm going to take on a music minor. I'm pretty excited, and I'm just waiting to hear from them...please let them hurry! I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment