Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Almost Almost Christmas

Yes! Three days until Christmas! It doesn't feel like it though. Yikes. I feel like I'm running out of time with people, but honestly I've only been here a week and leave exactly a month from today. Soooo. That's actually a really long time. I'm happy to be home, but it did take some readjusting. It's awfully boring here, so when my friendsies are off doing whatever they enjoy doing (aka work) then I'm pretty much sol. It's not easy to entertain yourself here.

So what do I wanna talk about? Well I suppose I can talk about a little epiphany I had yesterday. See, two of my best friends have guys in their life. This makes me really happy because both of them are happier than I've maybe ever seen them. Plus they're both really adorable about it. I was talking to Katie about this, and we both had a breakdown because we feel like we're getting old so quickly. I know it sounds ridiculous for a 20 and 21 year old to say that, but Katie turns 22 in April and it sounds so much older that 21, doesn't it? It's like we have to be real adults. We'll be college graduates in a year and a half, and then we're both planning to get our master's. She'll be 24 when she gets hers, and I'll be 25. TWENTY-FIVE. Now, this sounds like a great age and all, but what about my life? I may seem like a jaded man-hater sometimes, but I do want to get married, and not sooner than 25, but...well, it's hard to explain. I just don't want all the important things in life to slip away, you know? I admit that I want it all: an amazing career, a wonderful husband and kids in my 30's, and I just hope that I can achieve all that once I get out of school. I don't need to worry. I know. But the truth is that's what I do.

Aaaaand now that you see that I'm absolutely crazy...I'm going to go get ready to see my dear friend Mac who just got back today from Basic.

Peace,
Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment