Thursday, December 2, 2010

Beginning of Diciembre!

Happy December!

Only 23 days until Christmas and 19 until I go home! Yay! So bombing excited.
I may or may not have made up that expression, but I'm gonna stick with it and make it popular...but of course, do not say it in an airport or in high security areas.
In fact...I am probably now going to be placed on a terrorist watch list.
Aaaaanyway.

I made a pretty big decision today that I am very excited about. In fact, I nearly cried. You see, though I have known I wanted to go into theatre since I was a sophomore in high school, I haven't ever really been sure what area exactly I wanted to go into. I decided a while ago that I would become an artistic director some time in my life, probably after years of auditioning and acting. My main goal is to open up my own theatre some day, then I realized "why don't I not, and get on that sooner? I looked into what it takes to become an artistic director, and I got very excited because it sounded,truly, like the perfect job for me. I'm an excellent planner-it's impossible for me not to plan, so there's that. Then I would get to have control, and I would be able to make decisions. I would also be involved creatively as well, and get my hands into that stuff. Then once I open my own theatre I'd be able to do whatever I want-including design, directing and acting when if I wanted to.

So my plan now is to go to graduate school and get my masters in theatre management. I've started researching schools, and I think I'll probably stay in the city. I love it here, and there's unlimited amount of possibilities here. I am open to other options though, but probably only in California or other states here in the North East.

So that's what I'm so hyped about today. I'm ready to embark on my life. (also, I'd really like to get out of student housing and get my own place asap, but that's another story.)

As a reminder, I'm still doing my 30 Days 'Til Christmas Christmas Song spectacular. Tomorrow is Day 8, and I think you definitely need to check it out! I'd love feedback!

Peace,
Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment