Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dreams

I've been really sentimental and such lately, but I thought now would be the perfect time to share the funny moments brought on by the best part of the hospital trip: the drugs. There's a few so I dunno if I'll share them all right now. We'll see.
The first one that I recall had me standing at South Street Seaport. I was looking over at Brooklyn, but it was all farmland. In the East River were two full-sized pigs that had been put out there with a banner to advertise something. One of the pigs had gotten stuck in the banner and was drowning. The other was trying to help it, but unsuccessfully. So I jumped in. (ew) I saw out to them as they were near the Brooklyn bank. I was working on freeing the stuck pig as the other one assisted me in staying afloat. (can pigs actually swim? Anyone know?) finally I got him free and he made his way up the bank and both pigs wandered off into the Farmland of Brooklyn.

Dream number was actually just creepy. Mom and I had reserved a room at some Coney Island bed and breakfast. However, they had rented the room to several people too. The other people were ok with sharing, but we said we'd go find somewhere else. They even were going to knock down a wall to create more room. It was all really creepy and 1950s Twilight Zonish. They told us they had made a tone of cake and cookies and they started singing really creepily. I started eating a milkshake shaped cookie huddled in a cornerbut I ate too much and felt sick. That's when I woke up and felt sick, yet so relieved for the dream to be over.

When they transferred me to Roosevelt, they placed these things on my legs that pumped in order to keep me from getting more blood clots. Well I fell asleep and dreamt that I was dressed in a crazy outfit which included fishnets for Cinco de Mayo. I was in a costume shop-I think for ATP- and these two Siamese cats wearing Sombreros came up to me and started pulling and climbing up my legs. I couldn't get them off because they were attached to the fishnets. At this point, I was awoken by a nurse and I asked her to get the cats off my legs. She informed me that there were no cats and that's when I was fully awake.

Sometimes I'd get an awful feeling of falling in my body and I'd wake up in the middle of a dream. One that I remember is Sara teaching us Fefu girls a very Fosse like dance routine in black leotards in a garage somewhere. Then some weren't funny and rather scary. I don't care to share those.

Next time I'll share the dreams and hallucinations caused by anesthesia. Those were whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment