Sunday, September 23, 2012

Positivity

While I laid in the hospital, I had a lot of time to think about everything, and amongst the wild dreams, I head some epiphanies. One of those was that I could no longer have negativity in my life. I mean, it was the power of positive thinking that got me through this.
I mean everyone is so negative all the time. Why? Why waste your time being angry or hating on the world when you could choose to be happy?
I mean, it's from everything serious to trivial. Religion, for example. Why do people feel the need to talk crap against others beliefs? It's what they choose to believe, and it's important to them just as yours are to you. I may not agree with certain beliefs, but that doesn't mean they're horrible people. And who am I to say their beliefs are stupid or crazy?
On the more trivial side, we can look at music. Maybe you hate Justin Beiber, but why do you hate him? Because you don't like his music? Then don't listen. You don't need to hate on this person you've never met. Good for him for being successful and doing what he loves. He's doing what makes him happy, so why don't you focus on finding what makes you happy?
I'm no longer going to let negative thoughts take up my energy. I'm spending these next few months searching for what makes me happy. I was miserable in the city this summer and I had forgotten what it was I truly wanted my life to be. So I'm glad I'm back in Montana because I need to refocus and go out and discover what it is my soul craves. I think I really wanna focus on music and not just theatrical music, but a good mixture of everything. Strangely enough, country music is really getting to me lately. Pop/rock is where I've always felt I belonged so I want to expand there too. I just feel like I've put all my focus on theatre, which I obviously love, but there's more to me that I've hidden away. I just wanna sing. Singing in the hospital got me through a lot of fear and pain and also boredom. When you can't see and you're used to your social media, you can go a bit stir crazy. But I appreciate the break too, because it really allowed me to think a reevaluate. I'm not the same Bree. Yes, personality-wise, but I'm calmer, more positive and happier. That may sound strange, but I've been asking for a change in my life and God knew it had to be a big friggin sign in order to get to me. I needed this. Now, I'm not sure if I'm no longer the worrier I've always been, but I think I've been letting a lot of things just go that I used to dwell on. I just accept the fact I can't change them or do anything about it, so I just shrug it off. It's nice and I think the people around me will find it to be a pleasant change.
I'm also find it important to surround myself with positive people. I just don't take others negativity well, and I'm afraid that it could force its way back into my life and I can't have that. Shane told me he and Sash were afraid they'd be pushed outta my life because they're negative, but my life wouldn't be complete without them. I just told them I'd just keep them in check. I've already said things to different people about different things they've said. If it's unnecessary, why waste your time. Jesu Christo, people, don't you prefer to be happy? I do. We only have so much time on this earth and I'm not going to waste my time hating it. You shouldn't either.
I don't mean to sound preachy but we really don't notice how much everyone does it until something crazy like this happens and you take a really hard look at your life. So just look at it like I'm saving you the blindness and three week hospital stay. It's alright. I'll take one for the team. You're welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment