Saturday, April 23, 2011

Procrastination is also an art I'm really good at.

Have I told you how excited I am for the cabaret? haha.
I applied for a $1000 grant today. Really for reals did it. Even if we don't get it, I did it. I impress myself sometimes. Taking initiative. That's what's up. However, it wasn't set up like a regular grant application, so I still have to write one of those for the project. Procrastinating because I don't know where to start. Woot Woot. Google's gonna tell me how to though.

Then I'll start bull-shitting a paper on Grotowski, while using his ideas on a certain play of my choosing through an actor's lens. Makes sense? Yeah. Me either. hahaha. I have to read up on the dude, because, I'm going to be completely honest here, I do bare minimum reading for my classes. For instance, we have certain things to read for my Theatre Theory class each day, but I read one part and write my one-page paper on that. For my Collaborating In and Beyond Music class, I get the set of questions for the quizzes (a usually mythical thing at Lang), and skim the readings to find the answers. That's how I do yo. I have an attention span of a two-year old when I'm supposed to read school-texty stuff. And two-year olds can't read. Unless they're utter geniuses. I'll give that to you. School is stupid. That's what I think. hahaha. I shouldn't be complaining. At least I don't have final tests or any of that shit. Again, most of Lang doesn't believe in those nasty things. I love my school. hahaha. And yes, I'm procrastinating it all by writing this blog.

Now, on Easter Eve, I will continue to persevere on these final projects. Hopefully. Perhaps I'll be more motivated tomorrow? Weekends are too short. And I have 3 day weekends. Sheesh. I'm telling you. I have the attention span of a two-year-old. I suck at this game. On more year, that's it! :)

Peace,
Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment