Monday, April 18, 2011

Success

You know that song, "Gives You Hell?" I love that song. Whenever somebody tries to knock me down, or at least gives me the impression that they think I could never make it as an "artist," I just play that song over and over again. Bitchy? Maybe. But they'll never know about it...until I cover it when I'm famous. Hahahahaha.
But seriously, people talk to me like I don't know it's hard to make it in the theatre or music business. Trust. I KNOW. It's not going to be easy, but I never expected it to be. Ever. I'm doing this because I love it, and I honest to God cannot think of anything else I would rather do. I'm not doing any of this to be famous. I'm going to do it because it's all I want to do, and if I'm really successful by doing so, great! People are lying if they say that they don't want that. It gets them PAID. But if people are doing it solely for the recognition, they're going to be sorely disappointed. Everybody's idea of success is different, so it may be having a steady paycheck and being able to only do your art to get it, and for others it's performing for humongous crowds in Madison Square Garden, or something. None of it's wrong, but a real artist does it for the right reasons. It's about paying your dues, and doing your time. You've got to earn your spot in the business, and I don't want to do it any other way. I don't want it to be easy for me. I want people to respect me. Plus, don't songwriters need to struggle to become the best? Yep. hahahaha. So I know it's not easy. I'm gonna work my ass off. You've got to decide, though, how long you're going to work for it. Some people do it for ten years before they want to settle down and start a family, while others do it their entire lives. I don't know for myself yet, but I'm 21, and I've barely started! Right now I could care less about getting married, and having kids, but that could change. I'm not going to set a specific date. I'm going to feel it out, and work my ass off until I decide I'm done, if I ever do. WHO KNOWS? So yeah. Rant for the day. :)

Peace,
Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment