Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Head Bangin'

Well. I went crazy today. And by "crazy," I mean I'm stressed. It wouldn't be so stressful if this cabaret was hypothetical, but, Bitch, it is not.

People can joke, and not act serious about it, but somebody has to do something, and that someone is me. You may say "Oh well, it's not til January," but I'm going to bet you don't know what all one has to do to get events up and running. Not to mention I'm going to be in New York for four months in between! AKA. Shit's got to get done this summer! I take everything I do theatre and music-wise VERY seriously. So if you're not as dedicated as I believe you need to be, and if you don't take it seriously (being late, FLAKY) I will seriously kick you in the fucking throat. I'm a perfectionist, and if I'm running this joint, I am going to make damn sure it turns out perfect. But it will be fun too. I mean, I've worked my ass off for productions, and I still had the time of my life. If you love something, you can take it seriously and have fun at the same time.

So my plan this week is to talk to everyone who said they're interested, and see what they think about auditions-or if they have any suggestions for guys interested in joining us. Then I'm going to call on some spaces to put on the show for two nights-January 5th and 6th. Those are tentative, but I believe those are the best dates. I AM IN SEARCH OF REHEARSAL SPACES FOR THE SUMMER. IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE SHARE THEM WITH ME. Thanks. :)

I'm also hashing out the budget. I think that's been scaring me the most. Right now it's at $6,000, but I feel like maybe I'm jipping people because I don't know what I'm supposed to pay them...if I can. (If anybody wants to work "in kind" that'd be awfully sweet of you...) hahaha. So I have got to get rolling on these grants (wooo wooo) because you've got to do those way ahead of time. It may be pushing it right now. Also, I'm hoping we can do a Kickstarter, which is where a lot of you can help out, by donating to our cause for incentives! I'm going to talk to Rebecca about what else we'll need to do. But it's gonna kick my ass for sure.

So I currently feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. I wish that I could get someone to rally with me, and help me out, but it takes a certain passion to give it your all. I'm working on all of my final project shit right now, but this is my greater focus. I'm going to make this happen, and when it does, I am going to feel incredible, and I'll be proud of my work, and everyone's who will be involved. I love this project so much, and I know nothing's going to happen unless YOU create it. I believe everyone needs to go out and start creating. Start doing your own art. Knock down the boundaries, and the restraints. Theatre kids don't only have to do the show the school or the big theatres are presenting, and music kids don't need to stick to concerts and events that they audition for or are invited to participate in. Create your own events. Your own spaces. Music and theatre can be done anywhere. You're only stopping yourself. Break the restraints. I feel like I'm starting up a revolution. hahaha. No, but that's what Lang and New York has taught me. And it may be one of the most important things I've ever learned in school.

I must apologize for my bitchiness today though. It's partly stress, but the other part was the fact that I had to listen to this dumb girl talk for ever and a day about boys and shit. Go back to high school. Over it. hahahaha. People drive me crazy.

Now off to research.

Peace,
Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment